I have a question for the group. When you create a story without a script, what do you do? I want to hear the different responses. For me, I just:
1. Get any sentence like John was running, about some kid. It gives me a person to personalize and an action to create a problem from.
2. Bring up the actor unless I want to PQA the basic term/structure, which I don’t do much of anymore (Step 1)
3. Ask where and with whom, which gets me a setting.
4. Create a problem, any problem that occurs to me during the CI discussion.
5. Try to solve it twice in two different locations but failing.
6. Succeed in solving the problem.
I am trying to keep stories much shorter now. Too much other stuff to do than get involved with a three day story.
What do others do (what goes through your mind/what is the thought process you have) when doing a story when you are not working from a script? (Working from a script and working without a script are like apples and oranges – both are great but they are different animals.)
By the way, I asked Joe Neilson this very question in 2005 Kansas City NTPRS. he told me pretty much the above.