I’ve been publishing articles here less frequently and I kind of like the slower pace. It gives us a chance to go narrow and deep and gives newer people time to digest stuff.
The 250 articles in the queue will get in when they get in. By slowing things down a bit here on the PLC – not too much – we can also maybe get a chance to go into the Forum more.
So let’s try that. Send me feedback on this, if it works for you or not. But it’s working for me. It just feels right. I see better discussion in the comments field with this recent slowdown. I also think it would be wonderful if the PLC became more user friendly for newer people.
And newer people, you should be focused on the articles mentioned in here most of all. This is the bread and butter of this site:
1. CWB (Circling with Balls)
2. WCTG (Word Chunk Team Game)
3. OWI (One Word Images)
4. jGR (jen’s Great Rubric)
5. the Classroom Rules
6. Jobs for Kids
7. L&D (Look and Discuss)
8. ROA (Reading Option A
9. cRD (Compact Read & Discuss)
10. The Net Hypothesis (Verb Walls/Word Walls excepted)**
11. Two Weeks Weekly Schedule 2013 (includes Textivate and IMTranslator)
12. jGA (James’ Great Argument)
13. RSF (Robert’s Sentence Frames)
15. Matava and Tripp story scripts
16. Movie Talk
17. cWZ (Charlotte’s Wall Zoo for elementary)