I got this from Lori – there are two good discussion points in it, one about designing a curriculum from target structures (the only way I would ever “design” a curriculum and that with reluctance) and another about the P word – projects. Please throw some ideas at Lori. If she comes up with a curriculum connected to one of the three story scripts books we use (Matava, Tripp) then we could “borrow” some of it maybe if it is all right with her. Better yet, are there any existing curricula out there build around target structures? I remember there being one in CA but can’t remember where.
Here is Lori’s email:
I just got back from ETPRS (formerly known as the workshop in Agen) and I learned soooo much! Now I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for the school year!
Entering my second year as a teacher my department head and I are now trying to create our own TPRS/CI curriculum!! Very exciting but so hard to do! We are trying to combine all of our beliefs in the more CI the better with our schools wants and children desires for “projects”.
I am trying to create this by making a list of the most frequent structures and then connecting these to real world application products.
First, I keep hearing that there are these lists of structures/grammar in order of acquisition yet I can’t seem to find them.
Second, in reference to “projects” or an end product the student can do. I feel like this isn’t your thing but I’m feeling pressured to figure this piece out and also I’m thinking this might be a nice reward for myself after a successful 80% of a unit of CI having the remaining 20% be a product the students create themselves.